[Asterisk-Dev] Making a variable available to a dialplan

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Oct 21 12:28:11 MST 2004

steve at daviesfam.org wrote:

> The logic would be that before an exten=> line is executed, to pass
> through the context "inheritance chain" and set the variable(s) on the
> channel if it hasn't already got the name.
>
> What do people think?

Absolutely! I want this, have already proposed it to the list, and have
gotten no response :-)

I have spent some time looking into the code to see how this could be
implemented, but have not yet started doing it. If you want to
cooperate, email me off-list and we'll get it done.

My original plan was to actually allow for _anything_ to be executed
prior to the first matching extension, not just the equivalent of
SetVar, but I really only need SetVar, just like you have proposed.