[Asterisk-Dev] DUNDi (Was: A crazy idea... Skype channelin Asterisk)

Brandon Patterson siptech at livevoip.com
Thu Oct 21 03:46:21 MST 2004

I agree with Kevin. The issue of LNP becomes a problem when you have say
10,000
numbers and all of a sudden one gets transported off to another provider.
Then the fun
begins.

I want to break from the Telco portion for a second and comment on your
remark that
ENUM is a domain business. That for me is a problem as well. DNS is DNS ,
its not
the DOMAIN business. Domains are Domains, ENUM is ENUM. I noticed the .CA
people in Canada seem to have designs on ENUM as well. To me that is nothing
more
than a revenue issue. ENUM folks like e164.org have done excellent work but
many of
us are looking for something that operates a bit different. DUNDi looks like
a solution to
many problems plus, I don't need to be concerned about another ICANN like
creation
in my technical travels. Not that ENUM is ICANN - !

Brandon