[Asterisk-Dev] Behaviour of callerid matching

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Wed Oct 20 08:09:10 MST 2004

Hi guys,

I've just setup a very recent CVS HEAD config, and I'm noticing the
following:

Part of my dialplan is:

; IAX2 Inbound
; Echo called extension
exten=_X.,1,Verbose(1,Accepting call from \'${CALLERIDNUM}\' to
\'${EXTEN}\')

; No callerid
exten=_X./,2,NoOp

; Callerid and national or international call (hack)
exten=_X./_XXXXXXXXX,2,SetCIDNum(0${CALLERIDNUM},a)
exten=_X./_XXXXXXXXX.,2,SetCIDNum(00${CALLERIDNUM},a)

; We get international format here
exten = _X.,3,Goto(route-onnet,${EXTEN},50)

This used to behave fine on pre 1.0 tree's and in my production setup, but
now this behaves as follows:

A call comes in from a local dutch number. CallerID is 10 digits, so it
matches the first Callerid line. This works as expected

A call comes in from an international number. CallerID is more than 10
digits, so it should match the second line. This does not work; the call is
dropped (hitting 't').

Show dialplan gives:

  '_X.' =>          2. NoOp()
[pbx_config]
  '_X.' =>          2. SetCIDNum(0${CALLERIDNUM}|a)
[pbx_config]
  '_X.' =>          1. Verbose(1|Accepting call from '${CALLERIDNUM}' to
'${EXTEN}') [pbx_config]
                    3. Goto(route-onnet|${EXTEN}|50)
[pbx_config]

So apparently the line is _NOT LOADED_ at all. How come ? Has the syntax for
callerid matching changed, or is it a bug, or am I doing something silly I'm
missing ?

Best regards,
Florian