[Asterisk-Dev] A crazy idea... Skype channel in Asterisk

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 15:47:57 MST 2004

Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:30:26 +0200, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>

>>Check Dundi, in CVS head of Asterisk. http://www.dundi.com
>>
>>Mark Spencer's latest innovation ;-)
>

> Beautiful!
>
> And I particularly like the part that says "the remarkably simple and
> concise ENUM ..." :-)
>
> But anyway, that means chan_skype should be off the menu.
>
> rgds
> benjk

DUNDi sounds great!
Now all we need is a cross platform DUNDi aware "IAX Proxy"
Package DUNDi, the proxy and an IAX client in one simple to use client
and we have an open Skype replacement.

If the proxy is clever enough it might allow for special routing of
calls, e.g. routing over 4 hops using proxies with fast connections
rather than direct point to point via a slow link with no QOS.

I cant wait for the day when I can direct my family and friends at a
site to download a client with these features.
Then they can create accounts for themselves and start calling me and
each other.

Chris.