[Asterisk-Dev] exposing/maintaining more Zaptel info in /proc/zaptel ?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Oct 19 15:43:43 MST 2004

I'd like to be able to simply (without running ioctl's) query (and possibly
adjust) the Zaptel hardware via /proc/zaptel -- like a lot of other Linux
hardware does.

I'm not sure if anyone else would have much use for this sort of thing or
not, but I can see a few applications where it would be useful (Nagios
based monitoring of the T1 Span states for example).

Anyone have any comments to share on this at all (good, bad, ugly, stop
smoking crack, hey i want that too...anything)

Ideas for what data, how it should be formatted, etc.  I was thinking doing
a bit deeper hierarchy -- I see that /proc/zaptel/%i have a WCT1/N/N and
such hierarchy denoted in them that I'd probably use.

--
GPG/PGP --> 0xE736BD7E 5144 6A2D 977A 6651 DFBE 1462 E351 88B9 E736 BD7E