[Asterisk-Dev] A crazy idea... Skype channel in Asterisk

Duane duane at e164.org
Tue Oct 19 10:04:18 MST 2004

Fernando Romo wrote:

> 2) Make a project wher we make a "Central IAX Directory" (Skype Like)
> where we deposit our "contact" channels and a kind of "signature" to try
> to make a "trusted" Phone comunity. This derivate two efforts:

As someone already pointed out IAXTEL, but there are a number of others,
such as e164.org, FWD, even firefly guys run a skype like network based
on their client...

>     a) Make a Server side aplication for the directory and contacts (I
> can do it)
>
>     b) And the most important.... Make a AIX Client for many plataforms
> the more user
>          frienly can be and try to make the solution spread as much as
> we can.
>          (here we need Win, Mac Programers... Linux is taked for granted)

Already done with a number of services listed above...

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
	I only try to dance better than myself."