[Asterisk-Dev] A crazy idea... Skype channel in Asterisk

Duane duane at e164.org
Tue Oct 19 07:29:59 MST 2004

Chris Lee wrote:

> The potential advantages of a multiple path peer-to-peer call route are
> interesting, a possible new telephony fabric, increasing the chance of
> packets arriving, and with low latency, on condition they are put
> together and additional packets are dropped.

I think what you're referring to is TRIP... But I don't think anyone has
worked out how to properly implement remuneration between providers
yet... But if you want free, then I guess it's other metric based
routing could be useful to an extent, a lot of others disagree, but I
think enum is a better solution, then of course a lot of those that
disagree have other agendas :)

> Of course a way to link IAX-peer addresses with E-num could also be
> useful. What IAX-peer looks after +1555676541? for example.

The way we get round it with e164.org is to get everyone to setup an IAX
guest account...

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
	I only try to dance better than myself."