[Asterisk-Dev] Unusual problem

Smith, Simon J sjsmith at URBANSCIENCE.com
Mon Oct 18 21:21:12 MST 2004

Hey Steven

The channel driver is anything, it could be a local inbound SIP from a
SIP phone or client, or an external IAX2 call.

This behaves like it stops responding to any DTMF, not just the first
DTMF digit. If the record duration is more than approx 15 minutes +
Asterisk just will not return me any DTMF escape digits, instead it sits
their and continually records.

Has anyone else in these threads heard of something like this. Is there
any workaround. I think I am using a CVS from August or Sep.

How do you modify the record function to pass silent frames back, and
what does this mean? Would this fix the issue? Also is long IAX
recordings not recommended in the CVS ?

Simon.

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 22:07 -0400, Smith, Simon J wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem that I cannot seem to resolve and find an answer for.
> I use AGI and the Perl AGI library to record wave files at various
> times through out a dial plan. If these recordings go over say 15
> minutes or above (approx), all of a sudden the channel stops caring
> about DTMF escape digits and no matter what keys you press you cannot
> escape the recording. It is almost as if something is building up and
> large recordings somehow affect DTMF recognition.
>
> My max record time is 3 hours (1080000ms) and I am using a command
> similar to the following:
>
> my $x = $AGI->record_file($wavfile, 'wav', '0123456789', 1080000, 1);
>
> I verified that the file is still recording and getting written, but
> any digit I press after an extended amount of time is completely
> ignored.

What channel driver? I once documented a repeatable problem with IAX and
IAX2 where it quit responding to the first DTMF and would sometimes have
trouble passing audio back after 2 minutes. Our temporary solution at
the time was to modify the record function to pass silent audio frames
back. Of course we later just abandoned long IAX recordings so we could
stay in sync with the CVS tree.

Hi all,

I have a problem that I cannot seem to resolve and find an answer for.
I use AGI and the Perl AGI library to record wave files at various times
through out a dial plan. If these recordings go over say 15 minutes or
above (approx), all of a sudden the channel stops caring about DTMF
escape digits and no matter what keys you press you cannot escape the
recording. It is almost as if something is building up and large
recordings somehow affect DTMF recognition.

My max record time is 3 hours (1080000ms) and I am using a command
similar to the following:

my $x = $AGI->record_file($wavfile, 'wav', '0123456789', 1080000, 1);

THIS IS THE CASE FOR ANY RECORDING, EVEN SMALLER RECORDINGS - IT IS
ALMOST AS IF AFTER RECORDING A CERTAIN THRESHHOLD WITHIN AN ENTIRE CALL
- IT STOPS CARING ABOUT DTMF.

 I verified that the file is still recording and getting written, but
any digit I press after an extended amount of time is completely
ignored.

Please can anyone help me!

Thanks.SS, Melbourne Aus