[Asterisk-Dev] Unusual problem

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 18 21:13:22 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 22:07 -0400, Smith, Simon J wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem that I cannot seem to resolve and find an answer for.
> I use AGI and the Perl AGI library to record wave files at various
> times through out a dial plan. If these recordings go over say 15
> minutes or above (approx), all of a sudden the channel stops caring
> about DTMF escape digits and no matter what keys you press you cannot
> escape the recording. It is almost as if something is building up and
> large recordings somehow affect DTMF recognition.
>
> My max record time is 3 hours (1080000ms) and I am using a command
> similar to the following:
>
> my $x = $AGI->record_file($wavfile, 'wav', '0123456789', 1080000, 1);
>
> I verified that the file is still recording and getting written, but
> any digit I press after an extended amount of time is completely
> ignored.

What channel driver? I once documented a repeatable problem with IAX and
IAX2 where it quit responding to the first DTMF and would sometimes have
trouble passing audio back after 2 minutes. Our temporary solution at
the time was to modify the record function to pass silent audio frames
back. Of course we later just abandoned long IAX recordings so we could
stay in sync with the CVS tree.