[Asterisk-Dev] Unusual problem

Smith, Simon J sjsmith at URBANSCIENCE.com
Mon Oct 18 19:07:54 MST 2004

Hi all,

I have a problem that I cannot seem to resolve and find an answer for.
I use AGI and the Perl AGI library to record wave files at various times
through out a dial plan. If these recordings go over say 15 minutes or
above (approx), all of a sudden the channel stops caring about DTMF
escape digits and no matter what keys you press you cannot escape the
recording. It is almost as if something is building up and large
recordings somehow affect DTMF recognition.

My max record time is 3 hours (1080000ms) and I am using a command
similar to the following:

my $x = $AGI->record_file($wavfile, 'wav', '0123456789', 1080000, 1);

I verified that the file is still recording and getting written, but any
digit I press after an extended amount of time is completely ignored.

Please can anyone help me!

Thanks.SS