[Asterisk-Dev] Help Compiling ZapTel

Michael Bielicki cypromis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 20:17:35 MST 2004

I'll be polite and answer anyway, even on the wrong list :)
If you are using RHAS 3.0 or a clone you should do the following:

Install kernel-sources
 do a link from the build directory of the kernel to /usr/src/linux-2.4
and just compile zaptel.

as in:

ln -s /lib/modules/2.4.21-15.TL2/build /usr/src/linux-2.4

don't copy things around, the redhat enterprise sources are normally
prepared for new modules compile

cheers

Michael

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:30:06 +0900, Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists
<benjk.on.asterisk.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:37:56 -0600 (MDT),
> asterisk.032104 at skippingpebbles.com
> <asterisk.032104 at skippingpebbles.com> wrote:
> > Initially I tried Fedora Core 2 (kernel 2.6) with Asterisk (I checked out
> > what I believe to be the stable branch from cvs), but I was unable to get
> > zaptel to compile and work properly.
>
> You are on the wrong mailing list. This list discusses issues relating
> to the *development* of Asterisk; development as in: writing code that
> goes into new versions of Asterisk. You will get better exposure to
> help if you post questions relating to *using* existing code on the
> Asterisk-Users mailing list.
>
> rgds
> benjk
>
> --
> Sunrise Telephone Systems, 9F Shibuya Daikyo Bldg., 1-13-5 Shibuya,
> Tokyo, Japan.

> may get trashed.

Michael Bielicki