[Asterisk-Dev] OT possible idea for alternative uses of Digium T1 Hardware

Chad Wicker cwicker at petrocom.com
Mon Oct 11 08:34:09 MST 2004

I was thinking about this too, I was thinking over 1-2 types of
applications:

1:  Network Based Test set.  Configuration and reporting would be web
based and the box would be an entity on your network.  This would work
for something like on of those small box type enclosures. tests can then
be performed from anywhere on your network.  This would probably be the
easiest to implement and distribute.

2: Small implementation:  something like a SBC (single Board computer)
on a 2 slot pci bus and a RAM card., would give a small form factor with
access for monitor and devices.  don't know what features could be
utilized with this to make it more useable.  Something like this to the
n-th degree may be a sellable product...

Chad C. Wicker
Systems Engineer
Petrocom

>>> jsharp at psychoses.org 10/11/2004 10:14:07 AM >>>
The biggest problem I had with the design was finding a form factor
that worked.  I searched & searched, but couldn't find a tablet-style
machine with a PCI slot in it.  They all had cardbus or minipci.

opentbird.org, anyone?

On Oct 11, 2004, at 10:48 AM, Steve Underwood wrote:

> Hi Chad,
>
> I think many of us have thought of this. Some of us have even
produced
> fragments of it, when needed. The problem is always finding the time

> to do a proper job. :-)
>
> Regards,
> Steve

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: