[Asterisk-Dev] ...and another option to dial()... again...

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Oct 10 08:46:45 MST 2004

Friends,
I think it's time to begin thinking on a new design for dial(). The number of
options and featurese that have been added to that app lately is overwhelming
and it's getting rather complex to understand this very critical app.

* Do we need to split it up into simpledial(), dial() and superdial() ?
* Can we create another construction for dialling ? Like first calling pre-dial
   applications to set various functions and then having a "go-ahead" instruction?

Maybe we could add dial-profiles to realtime configs and dial with a reference
to a dial profile in a database or a config file?

Just brainstorming.

/Olle