[Asterisk-Dev] Festival Module

Jeff Clark h0tw1r3 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 13:34:14 MST 2004

Greetings asterisk developers.  I'm new to the project.  If I miss any
required etiquette, please be nice!

After looking into the festival module for the first time, I noticed
that it required users to compile a patched version.  I for one hate
to doing such things (`apt-get install festival` seems reasonable to
me).  Reading the festival docs, I came up with an alternative
festivalcommand:

(utt.send.wave.client (utt.wave.resample (utt.wave.rescale (utt.synth
(eval (list 'Utterance 'Text "%s"))) 5 ) 8000 ))\n

It worked on my debian unstable install.  Could others test this on
their system with a stock festival install?

I am also working on a patch to address
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002592

The initial patch was simple, but as I progressed through the code I
noticed that it could be improved in other places to provide a little
more efficient use.  I should be able to post a patch this evening
when I get home.

Regards,
Jeff Clark