[Asterisk-Dev] Initiating spontaneous calls

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Wed Oct 6 09:41:10 MST 2004

Begumisa Gerald M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a bunch Charles, this now really looks simple, from what you say.
>
>     > (PS, this was really a -user question (always ask there first :))
>
> Yes, after understanding it the way you've put it, I may no longer have to
> write any code / hack anything on the Asterisk codebase, which does make
> it a -user question now.  But hey, I didn't know this initially and was
> clueless enough to think I needed to write code for this, thus posting to
> -dev!
>

> Cheers!
> Gerald.
>
> PS: Yes, I'll read the Asterisk handbook one more time tonight ;-)

No problem on the name thing :P  I also understand the -dev posting,
I've done the same, just look back through the list archives and you'll
find similar postings from me.  [bow]  My way, and possibly the lists
way, of determining where to post is to think ... 'Does this improve *
as a PBX, or does it simply use * for something a PBX normally wouldn't
do?'  If it improves * as a PBX, -dev might be ok, otherwise go to -user
first.

--
Christopher L. Wade                     Unistar-Sparco Computers, Inc.
Senior Systems Administrator                            dba Sparco.com