[Asterisk-Dev] Initiating spontaneous calls

Begumisa Gerald M beg_g at eahd.or.ug
Wed Oct 6 11:45:19 MST 2004

Hi,

I'd like to design an intrusion detection system, which on being prompted
by a physical occurance, initiates a call through the Asterisk PBX.

Could anyone kindly give me a pointer to where I can read about how to do
this?  The two (Asterisk and the intrusion detection program) will be
separate.  Would I have to simulate a SIP call from the detection program
which will cause Asterisk to execute a specific application that dials
this number out?  I.e having something like below in extensions.conf:

--
[intrusiondetectioncontext]
exten => 100,1,WarnIntrusionDetected

I.e the intrusion detection program dials the extension 100 or something
of the sort, the "WarnIntrusionDetected" application is defined in a
module I'll also write that simply makes a call to pbx_dial().

Is it possible to have a module that originates a call on its own, without
being executed as an Application (which would require an extension to have
been dialed) i.e it maybe listens for a connection on some socket and on
receipt of data, makes the call.

Any pointers / advice will be highly appreciated.

Rgds,
Gerald.