[Asterisk-Dev] Measuring MOS Scores

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Oct 5 10:29:34 MST 2004

Hi Paul,

There is a lot of bogus junk like this around at the moment. That page
actually tells you what it is measuring, and that is not MOS. In most
places is seems carefully vague, throwin the term in brackets, and not
clearly saying what they measure. Where they do finally say, it the
stability of jitter, packet loss and other issues they are measuring.
They don't even seem to go as far as PESQ measurements, from what I see.
A number of people seem to be buying PESQ from the IP holders in the UK.
It tries to make a comparative perceptual measurement, but even they
don't claim it is an MOS measurement or a substitute for one (at least
they didn't the last time I looked - marketing depts can change all that
:-) ).

Regards,
Steve