[Asterisk-Dev] SS7 for *

Tom Zimnicki asterisk at zimnicki.org
Mon Oct 4 11:42:26 MST 2004

This is a your mileage may vary issue...it will depend on the jurisdiction.

In some places I've dealt with, they can't really prohibit you from using
what you want without having serious cause.

All they really want from you is to declare a software version, and pass a
test suite against that version.

They'll use something like this:

http://www.tek.com/Measurement/network/diagnostics/spectra/datasheet/

If you pass, you're in.

It's incumbent on you not to bugger the other LECs network.

If you do, they'll shut you down until you can fix it.

But I agree, scenarios will vary.

Regards,

Tom