[Asterisk-Dev] Wish List / Brain Storm from AstriCon

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Fri Oct 1 05:03:32 MST 2004

> >39) Move from GLIB C to MicroLib C for better support of embedded
> > systems.
>
> Shouldn't that be support uLIBC as well, rather than instead? Excellent
> idea. Threading seems to screw up when using uLIBC right now. That
> seems to be the only thing stopping me from running a stripped down *
> on Linksys boxes.

I guess it has to be glibc+uclibc, otherwise all the non-embedded boxes
(servers) would have to install uclibc.

And, besides, uclibc is not a requirement to get some app running in an
Embedded Scenario. There are quite a bunch of projects out there that use
http://www.openembedded.org (#oe on *.freenode.net) with glibc and still
fit in much less than 32 MB. OE is a framework to generate embedded,
taylored mini-distributions. It's used for Zaurus, Ipaq, VIA EPIA
mini-itx systems, Linksys WRT54G ...

/me is an active OpenEmbedded developer