[Asterisk-Dev] need some suggestions

Andrew Lindh asterisk at ntplx.net
Mon Nov 29 10:58:07 MST 2004

IPv6 is a nice toy...I've had servers and a network (BGP, TB application, DNS,
etc) running for years and no one cares....Adding IPv6 support to an existing
application is not that hard. There are tools that will convert or inform
you what needs to be updated for socket access. Then some additional code
to deal with IPv6 in config files and you are done. Ok, it's not that simple
but it's not an world changing project that would help all of us...

T.38 fax with asterisk, Cisco PRI gateway (or local PRI card), and ATAs
would mean asterisk is a much more complete VoIP package for business.
But that's not enough for a major project! Fax to e-mail and e-mail to
fax should be part of the asterisk application package too. That way
asterisk would have complete real and virtual fax support....