[Asterisk-Dev] need some suggestions

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon Nov 29 10:46:01 MST 2004

Personally, I vote for Fax over T.38. Faxing is the ONE thing that is
keeping us from deploying asterisk nation wide. Fax over G711 usually works
50% of the time.  Fax over PRI isn't that stable either (which is quite a
shock). I tried to Fax from POTS to the PRI in our asterisk box. Asterisk
detects the fax and properly jumps to the fax extension and correctly spawns
rxfax, but about 2 seconds after spawning the app asterisk drops the call.

So again, my vote is for  T.38 support in Asterisk.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-T.38

-Matthew