[Asterisk-Dev] need some suggestions

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 27 16:47:49 MST 2004

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 09:46:21AM +0500, Xenith Panacea wrote:
> I need some advice/suggestions for as to what should we work on.
> Something that is practical and beneficial not only for our degree
> work, but more importanlty which contributes to the * development.

Asterisk needs an IMT/SS7 interface.  I am advocating an approach
where a signal gateway interfaces the SS7 network and provides Q.931
signals (packets) over IP to Asterisk.  For * to take advantage of
this capability, it needs to expose its PRI FAS function to an IP
port.

Shown below, A is now.  B is after development.  Having B would
advance development significantly toward having SS7 based call setup
on Asterisk.

Test:

A)   phone---*----PRI----*---phone

B)   phone---*----B channels----*---phone