[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail sound level threads?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Sun Nov 28 16:39:12 MST 2004

Can't say - but I do notice a significant difference between just the linear
(wav) and gsm compressed (WAV) files you provided... I just checked a
voicemail off of my system (CVS-v1-0-11/03/04) and I notice I'm getting the
same effect, though I'd not realised it before. Although my attenuation
seems less severe than yours you can really visualise the drop in energy
levels by putting the different files through Sonogram
(http://www.dfki.de/~clauer/programming.html)

Can you publish the 'format=' line from /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf off of
your server? Simply placing 'wav' as the first format in the list may be
enough to work around the problem for now - though it will cause attachment
size issues for people getting their VMs via email.

Thanks.

{clip}