[Asterisk-Dev] why not disable clock when using multiple Zaptel cards?

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at codefidence.com
Sun Nov 28 02:11:27 MST 2004

Peter Svensson wrote:

> Those other cards would have to have their interrupts turned off. Does
> anyone have any numbers or even gut feeling if the interrupt overhead is
> significant?

This is not exactly numbers, but I knwo for example that a P3 Linux box
which does not use any form of polling or interrupt mitigation will die
of interrupt livelock if you try to route 100 base T worth of traffic
but will route them without issue if you use some sort of interrupt
mitigation.

So, yes, I would guess interrupt overhead IS siginifact.

Cheers,
Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad at codefidence.com>
Codefidence. A name you can trust(tm)
Web: http://codefidence.com  | SIP: gilad at pbx.codefidence.com
Tel: +972.9.8650475 ext. 201 | Fax:  +972.9.8850643

"I am Jack's Overwritten Stack Pointer"
	-- Hackers Club, the movie