[Asterisk-Dev] Newbie trying to make sense of it all

Shahed Moolji shahed at enoor.com
Thu Nov 25 10:18:42 MST 2004

Hello All,

I have just ordered my developer kit, and have been going through the *
code, trying to
find out  how some of this stuff works.

I know that there is a lot of documentation out there, but it seems to be
disorganized.

For example, I have spent hours trying to figure out the flow of control
from the zap api
all the way to the zaptel modules, but am no where close :-( I am aware that
* no longer uses
the zap.c api, but some of the test programs in zaptel seem to use it

I want to have an understanding of how this lower layer works, before moving
on to how
asterisk encapsulates an interface into a channel, and then move on to how
the pbx stuff
works.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appriciated.

Regards
Shahed