[Asterisk-Dev] Special Thanks

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 24 20:38:55 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 12:33 -0600, Mark Spencer wrote:
> Now that I've had a day to relax for thanksgiving, I wanted to express a
> very special thanks to all of you that have assisted with Asterisk
> development.

Indeed and a Very Big Thank You for putting in all the time, effort,
drive and energy to bring Asterisk to where it is today!

>   This year has been an amazing one for Asterisk, and I am
> especially thankful for all the hard work that so many of you like junk-y,
> blitzrage, anthm, citats, twisted, drumkilla, bkw, paulc, moc, pcadach and
> many many others who have worked to add new features, fix bugs, improve
> the tracker itself, etc. all to make the project more successful.

Couldn't agree more. Since the trackerpolice is patrolling the city of
Mantis, bitrot has been scrutinized and slackers have been put in
overdrive to stay with the program. Excellent stuff. Thanks guys!

> Doing Open Source development (and perhaps development in general) has
> been (from my experience) an on the whole mostly thankless job (especially
> considering that most of those developers do not have a direct revenue
> source from the contributions they make).

Let me stress that I very much appreciate what you have done for
Asterisk and the Community.

>   The vast majority of the time,
> you only hear from people when they have problems and it is *very* rare
> (but very much appreciated) when people really stop to say thanks for a
> project.

Hi Mark, Big Thanks! :)

> It's a lot of work, often a lot of stress, a lot of beating back and forth
> about what is a better strategy or which way an implementation should go,
> but after all that, in the end, it all makes Asterisk a better, stronger,
> more feature rich, and more reliable product for everyone in the
> community.

/me frames text and hands out to the developers for whenever they feel a
bit blue.

> I want to be sure that all Asterisk contributers know that *I* appreciate
> the work and dedication they put into all that they do for the project as
> a whole.
> Keep up the good work guys and I thank you all very sincerely again for
> all that you've done!
>
> Mark

A Big Thanks to you and everybody that has contributed in one way or
another to where Asterisk is today and will go tomorrow.

Have a great thanksgiving.

Regards,
Patrick