[Asterisk-Dev] libpri ISDN features

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Wed Nov 24 19:33:51 MST 2004

Hello,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron S. Joyner" <asjoyner at intrex.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 2:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] libpri ISDN features

> Kris Boutilier wrote:
[skipped]
> If you register with the ITU's website, you can obtain 3 free ITU
> specifications at no charge.  I discovered this when I was looking for
> exactly the same Q.931 spec.  Since the registration is pretty painless,
> it's a good way to acquire a free copy of the spec for educational /
> open source use.

Good chance to have up-to-date documents from ITU for free (especially if you have multiple mail boxes because such
accounts related to e-mail you specified at registration, i.e. there is limited to 3 documents for free per one e-mail
you registered).

ISDN supplementary services specified in Q.932, Q.950-Q.959, not in Q.931. Also, ROSE extensions specification could be
found in X.219, many ASN1-related specifications located in X-series documents. But I never find MWI specification over
PRI at ITU-T documents.

You could look for ECMA-242+related (for Q-SIG) and/or ETSI EN 300 745-1+related (for EuroISDN). As I asked Huawei
support team MWI service is possible over SS7 links only mostly because PRI is user side (i.e. voicemail box could send
MWI notifications over SS7 only while PRI user could receive them).

WBR,
Paul.