[Asterisk-Dev] Business Case for a DS3 Channel/Driver inAsteriskVoIP

Nathan Littlepage nathan at iwantka.com
Mon Nov 22 10:43:34 MST 2004

> TNT does SIP now. It doesn't suck all that much (for TNT
> standards, anyway). As far as licensing, the 'grey market'
> vendors who sell TNT shelfcontrollers usually have all
> hashcodes enabled, including SIP.

I inquired about a year ago and they gave me one of those, 'your not large
enough' speeches. I'll glad to hear its out. I've used APX8000's in an IPDC
set up, once, will never go back to that crappy protocol. Also used the TNTs
in Lucent's MVAM H323 setup and its done really well.

> > I have yet to see a vendor create a PCI DS3 card that supports full
> > 672 DSO's. SBE has a PMC format card that can support 672 DS0 HDLC
> > data connections.
> How much is it?

I found it last week and am still waiting for the sales rep to get back with
me. I'm working on a cPCI edge concentrator router that can deliver
excellent PPS for my endpoints.