[Asterisk-Dev] Is there a need for a DS3 channel/driver?

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Sun Nov 21 06:18:43 MST 2004

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 02:42:50PM -0500, John Todd spake thusly:
>   IBM: I'm waiting.  Step up to the plate, guys - this, along with
> many other Asterisk improvements, is where you could make a
> difference in telco-grade Linux.  Same with OSDL.org - there seems to
> be a no focus on applications, despite that being where the greatest
> changes could happen for market uptake.

The Carrier Grade Linux project has been around for a while now:

http://www.osdl.org/lab_activities/carrier_grade_linux/

They are defining standards and specifications and then supporting
software which implements them.

I have used some of the Linux-HA stuff but that is all. I look forward to
playing with GFS and some of the other cool software projects listed on
that page some day. These things will be very important to Linux if it is
going to succeed as the platform to provide critical services such as
telephony.

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.