[Asterisk-Dev] Is there a need for a DS3 channel/driver?

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Sat Nov 20 15:39:51 MST 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, John Todd waxed:

> I meant that the large telcos, multi-national companies, and PTTs are
> a very large but silent portion of of Asterisk implementations that
> nobody knows about, and who will not surface in any of these
> discussions despite it being directly in their interest area.

It's a tree-falling-in-the-woods dilemna.  Where's the
evidence ?  If you know these implementations exist, and
you've got proof, then just force them out of the closet
already.  I mean, if they are such giant entities, what's it
going to kill them to let everybody know that they are using
Asterisk ?  Otherwise, simply being suspicious of silent
portions that nobody knows about is evidence of nothing.

Let me just clarify that I wish I was wrong on this, but I
don't think prodding IBM to fess up to using Asterisk is
worth the time.

--Chris

--
Chris Maj, Rochester