[Asterisk-Dev] Is there a need for a DS3 channel/driver?

Race Vanderdecken asterisk at vanderdecken.com
Thu Nov 18 11:39:36 MST 2004

Greetings all,

	Over dinner the other evening I was discussing Asterisk with my
dining partner when the subject of DS3 implementations arose in the
conversation.

	I was told that there is $2500 PCI DS3 card available, but there
are now drivers to integrate it into Asterisk so they can't be used. An
no one can figure out how to write a driver/channel for the DS3 card.

	As a professional C++/C/PERL coder I can code just about
anything that is in the networking or telecom genre. 20 years of the
stuff under my ever expanding belt.

	My manhood and programming abilities where called into question
"if you are any good then you could create the DS3 for asterisk in a
couple of days..." taunted my dinner partner.

	So to restore my confidence level and stop my fiancé from crying
I am posting this challenge.

	If someone will give me access to an Asterisk box with a $2500
DS3 card in it I will create the drivers so Asterisk can talk to it (or
it can play nice with Asterisk, your choice.)

	And as Arthur pulled Excalibur from the stone so shall I pull
the DS3 channel from the code.

	Just think 600 plus channels on one Asterisk box.

	The code deposition will be decided by who ever supplies the box
or boxes, but I get the credit for doing it. Being famous is always
better then being rich.

	This is not that hard folks, give me access to a card and I will
give you DS3's.

	All Hail,

	Race "The Tyrant" Vanderdecken

	Asterisk ate Vanderdecken DOT commie