[Asterisk-Dev] IP PBX and the source

Bilal Ghayad bghayad at aloonet.com
Sun Nov 14 11:05:33 MST 2004

Hi;

I am new for this list and hopefully I can place the suitable questions that can have suitable answers :) -

I would like to start work on Asterisk PBX code (the souce), so can some one advise me the main steps that I have to start in it?

1) Do I have to start by Open SIP source, reading it and understanding it before start by Asterisk PBX?
2) What kind of documents are recommended to be read?
3) asterisk-1.0.0.tar.gz is the Latest Asterisk PBX source or there is newer?
4) Where I can find help about the libraries that used in the source (like in openh323, there is HTML pages for the H323 classes and PWLIB), so we go usually for search and write the class name and can find its HTML document explaination and its inheritance classes.
5) To compile Asterisk PBX, is there any SIP lib's required and need to be included in the path and settings of the compiler?

Your kindly help is high appreciated.
Regards
Bilal