[Asterisk-Dev] Broadvoice chan_sip patch

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Nov 12 08:32:35 MST 2004

Brian Roy wrote:

> Since Ollie and Steve wrote this and are on the forum...
Olle, not Ollie. ;-)

> Two things...
>
> 1) Excessive NOTICE messaging in the Console as follows:
Our mistake. We didn't clean up some debugging messages. If you know
C (you do read the -dev mailing list), you know how to remove them.

> 2) Broadvoice seems to be "losing" my registration. I have done sip
> debug ip and channel and have seen consistent registration, but
> Broadvoice sees me as unavailable (straight to vmail). Initially I
> thought my * server was sending busy back on the invite, but it never
> GETS an invite.
There is a timing issue we are trying to solve. It may or may not be
related to DNS srv records in combination with their network setup.
We are working on fixing this problem. The packets leave my PC every
16th second, but doesn't arrive that timely, so the registration expires.
And no, this is not due to bad atlantic connections from Sweden to the US ;-)

> I still have this on my DEV box and don't want to roll it over to
> production until the "intermittent" registration issue goes away.
We will update the patch over the weekend.

Also, please read another message on the -users list :-)

Regards,
/Olle