[Asterisk-Dev] One T1 - two companies?

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Fri May 28 17:54:43 MST 2004

If the T1 is configured as a PRI, it will automatically try to match to
extensions in the context to which it is directed to the DID numbers being
passed by the provider.

You can also just assign various blocks of channels (timeslots) to different
contexts.  You could, for example, assign channels 1-12 to the first
context, then 13-24 to the second context.  This works for both PRIs and
traditional T1s.

If you're stuck with a strait T1, you can have the T1 configured with
in-band DNIS which can be matched against the extension list.  This requires
some work on the part of the provider.

Good luck,

Steven

Steven Sokol