[Asterisk-Dev] Potential debuggin patches for chan_sip.c

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri May 28 10:33:36 MST 2004

We had a lot of trouble getting a ZyXEL phone to work with Asterisks ... it turned
out to be a configuration problem on our part, but using the debugging information
to track it down was beyond difficult ... it was impossible.  The only way I finally
figured it out was to add a bunch of additional debugging statements to chan_sip.c

Unfortunately, chan_sip.c has already been updated in CVS, so it's gonna be a PITA
for me to post a patch.

Thus my first question: I assume I'm not the only one who thinks there's not enough
debugging info ... is the team interested in my patches?  If so, I'll get the latest
from CVS and figure out how to get good patches made.

My second question is related:  I added a few ast_log() statements to find_peer(),
yet they never show up when asterisk is started with -vvv.  Any hints as to why
this is?  Is find_peer() somehow unable to log?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies