[Asterisk-Dev] Fedora Core 2 woes

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue May 25 07:02:27 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 08:45, Schaefer, Mark wrote:
> I just rebuilt the module under the stock Fedora Core 2 kernel.  Using the
> same procedure that worked under 2.6.6 (incidentially, I built 2.6.6 by
> copying /boot/config-2.6.5-1.385 to /usr/src/linux-2.6.6/.config) I
> installed the module, ran zttool and it locked hard.
>
> I suggest that we say that we're not going to support Fedora Core 2 until
> they come out with a 2.6.6 rpm - that is, unless we find out that the
> problem is on our end.

Seems there was quite a few problems introduced at 2.6.6 kernel. I doubt
the FC rpm will fix the incompatibilities that are cropping up. Maybe it
would be a good thing to say that it isn't recommended to use 2.6.6 or
above till some other things in the kernel stabilize.

Right now I have observed problems with ssh and modules under 2.6.6, and
I don't run FC. Seems like a good thing to hold back now.