[Asterisk-Dev] Fedora Core 2 woes

Schaefer, Mark Mark.Schaefer at ONSTAR.com
Tue May 25 06:16:47 MST 2004

Hi all,

	I went through the normal woes with Fedora Core 2.  I ended up
upgrading the kernel to a stock 2.6.6 and got the same problem. Here's the
story:

try 1 - won't compile.  Search for instructions and find the make dep/make
... workaround
try 2 - compiles, but module won't install.  Find that "custom" is inserted
when a make is done.  Remove "custom" from versions.h
try 3 - compiles, zaptel module installs, but I get a cryptic error -
ZT_SPAN.... discover another article on 2.6.6 working
try 4 - install 2.6.6, recompile everything.  Doesn't work - same error.
Discover that wct1xxp is not installing with "service zaptel start"
try 5 - manual modprobe -k wct1xxp   - Asterisk complains about module ixj,
but it works.

This works, but not as well as I want - replace "insmod" in zaptel.init (in
init.d) with modprobe.  It will, unfortunately, install ALL of the modules.
Oh well.  At least I don't have to reinstall Fedora Core 1.

Later,

Mark