[Asterisk-Dev] Regional Options

Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP) lwc at roke.co.uk
Sun May 23 01:27:26 MST 2004

Hi Dave, Fran, folks,

Quick clarification - "Caller Display" is actually BT caller ID.
It's defined in a pair of SINs (i.e. BT specifications).
It's NOT used by a *few* parts of NTL (a/the Cable Company in the UK).
Thus "UK" caller ID will not work as such for a few folk in the UK.
I suspect that NTL are going to scrap the remaining old switches that
they still have doing Bell standard CLI, so it doesn't really matter.

If you can capture CDS data with the Digium X100P or the TDM400P/FXO,
then you definitely get the free beer!

all the best,
   Lawrence