[Asterisk-Dev] Solaris Port (was: asterisk-users: Re: Fedora Core 2 and Kernel 2.6)

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Thu May 20 15:16:44 MST 2004

John Todd wrote:

> At 11:03 PM +0200 on 5/20/04, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Looking forward to patches for Solaris on the bug tracker!
>> Need SUN sponsoring Astricon :-)
>>
>> /O
>

> It's funny that you mention that.  The guy that I know at Sun (he was
> the "evangelist" for the Cobalt division) just announced that he was
> leaving.  Too bad; I had started to chip away at him for getting Sun
> to look into Asterisk, because it would work fine on their Linux-based
> platforms, and Sun/Cobalt could offer some serious help towards the
> user interface and administrative tools being built.
>
> Anyone know anyone else at Sun that might be able to see the wisdom
> and revenue potential of Asterisk's implementation on a Sun platform
> (Solaris preferred)?

I worked with Scott McNealy at a company called Onyx.  I usually see him
at our reunions.
I am sure I could get in touch with him, but I am the farthest thing
from any kind of sales/pitch dude.

I was referring to Solaris.. It is just that the output of "uname -s"
reports SunOS (ie: OSARCH in the Makfile).

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
bk at minusw.com