[Asterisk-Dev] Solaris Port (was: asterisk-users: Re: Fedora Core 2 and Kernel 2.6)

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu May 20 14:52:34 MST 2004

At 11:03 PM +0200 on 5/20/04, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>[snip]
>
>Looking forward to patches for Solaris on the bug tracker!
>Need SUN sponsoring Astricon :-)
>
>/O

It's funny that you mention that.  The guy that I know at Sun (he was
the "evangelist" for the Cobalt division) just announced that he was
leaving.  Too bad; I had started to chip away at him for getting Sun
to look into Asterisk, because it would work fine on their
Linux-based platforms, and Sun/Cobalt could offer some serious help
towards the user interface and administrative tools being built.

Anyone know anyone else at Sun that might be able to see the wisdom
and revenue potential of Asterisk's implementation on a Sun platform
(Solaris preferred)?

JT