[Asterisk-Dev] PATCH - Adds a set'able text string for each channel

Tue May 18 01:46:42 MST 2004

Hi all,

I have just written a small patch which will be used for some in-house
application we are writing. However, I thought I would post it here in
case other people might find it useful. If it has a chance of being
incorporated into asterisk cvs, then I will sign the necesary disclaimer
etc and post it to bugs.digium.com etc...

OK, basically the patch allows the manager api to set a "string" on a
specific channel. This string is kept with the channel until the channel
is destroyed/hungup. So, it is kept through parking, transfers, etc. (At
least, I assume this is so... haven't really tested it that much yet).

It also adds a new event to tell everyone else listening on manager
interfaces that the text has been set for that channel.

This is used to store 'bits' of data with a channel within asterisk
without needing to use a seperate sql db.

The (small) patch is attached as a unified diff.

Regards,
Adam