[Asterisk-Dev] OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!! NOT!!!

brian brian at bkw.org
Fri May 14 09:27:11 MST 2004

> Sadly, the article reads as more bogus than it really is. SIP really is
> weak. RTP stream are almost universally unencrypted right now. Listening
> in to a VoIP within your company is generally much easier than snooping
> on a traditional call. I wonder how long it will take before encryption,
> solid authentication, and other good stuff becomes widely deployed for
> VoIP?

You also have to agree that the copper wire from my house to the CO is also
unencrypted.  But for someone to listen in on voip they have to be in the
middle and on a switched network its hard to do and on a WAN its hard to do.
(notice I didn't say impossible because nothing is impossible)  And on that
note we should all stop using email because it's evil and unencrypted.
People might find out that I'm receiving v1agr@ and p3n1s enlargement emails
er I mean spam.  Oh and I can refinance my mortgage at a new lower rate just
so I can have room for the HUGE p3n1s I'm going to have... after I rush
order my l33t enlargement pills.

bkw