[Asterisk-Dev] Help with Call Waiting

Ali Amirrezvani ali at edealertools.com
Tue May 11 06:02:57 MST 2004

Hi all,

I sent a message out about this a few days ago though I am still unable to
figure this out.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Is there a way to
disable call waiting, but still be able to use three-way calling?  The
problem is that when I am on the phone with a customer and someone calls,
the call waiting beep cuts off what I am saying and has annoyed one too many
potential customers. When I am on the phone, I would much rather have the
call go straight to voicemail.

Two possible fixes would be:

1. Call goes straight to voicemail
2. Disable the call waiting beep sound - So, the call is technically still
waiting though the sound of the beep has been disabled.

The last time I sent out this message Rich replied with this comment:

	It all depends on the phone your using and how it is integrated into
*.

	If its a Cisco phone (as one example), Settings/Call
Preferences/Call Waiting = NO will stop the call waiting. 3-	way is
likely implemented as a consultive transfer or something like that, which
should not preclude you from
	initiating such calls.

	If its some other phone, look for similar setup.

	If that's not what you're after, then a better description of what
you're trying to accomplish, type of phone, 	etc, would be helpful.

If anyone has any idea how to make one of these options work, your input
would greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!!

Ali