[Asterisk-Dev] Disclaim by mail

Duane digium at aus-biz.com
Fri May 7 01:43:08 MST 2004

Apollon Koutlides wrote:
> Duane wrote:
>
>> How's that any different from written signatures?
>

> Let's assume I make a new application for asterisk, and then send a
> disclaimer by e-mail in PDF or TIFF or whatever format. Under US Law my
> signature in electronic form might be accepted, but here in Greece the
> courts might consider the document to be invalid. IANAL anyway, and
> international legal/IP issues baffle me :)

I'm not a lawyer either, but I've seen legal documents written
stipulating the agreement is based on laws governed by the state/country
where the company (in this case Digium) is. Even if the signature is not
accepted by your country it's still a legal document and yes
international laws are fun...

Also button pushing, such as ticking "I agree" then clicking next is a
legal agreement, so you don't even need a signature to have a legally
binding contract between 2 parties...

--
Best regards,
  Duane