[Asterisk-Dev] Will pay for IAX2 QoS help...

Matt Lawson matt at 1control.com
Wed May 5 07:39:47 MST 2004

Hi all,

We are in need of an Asterisk expert that knows how to use iptables or
ipfilter or whatever it is to achieve some sort of *outgoing* QoS for
IAX2.  It seems like it should be easy to filter by port 4569 UDP, but I
don't know how to do it.

The situation is, we have Asterisk boxes in several countries, all
communicating over IAX2, but most of them are on crummy consumer-grade
DSL lines, where the upstream bandwidth is the limiting factor.  So we
need to know how to tweak our systems to give priority to outgoing
Asterisk traffic.  Many times it is on port 4569 although in some cases
the crummy service screws up the port numbers so that it's a different
port number, or worse, continually hops between random port numbers.

Given enough time I'm sure we can figure this out but time is what we
don't have.  My boss has said that if there's someone out there that can
do this in like 2 days or something we'll be able to pay them (how much
I don't know).  I'm normally the Asterisk guy here but I simply don't
have time to spend figuring it out.

Any takers?

Replies off-list to aaron at plutohome.com,  cc: matt at plutohome.com