[Asterisk-Dev] NEWBIE - Help compiling and linking cdr_odbc.c

Grzegorz Nosek blackfire at metal.art.pl
Tue Mar 30 04:30:15 MST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 01:57:23 -0500, Federico Alves wrote
> I modified the file cdr_odbc.c because it will not work with
> MS SQL, to include the length of the variable in the
> sqlbindparameter function. The problem is that I don't know
> how to compile it and how to "make" it.
>
> I type "make Makefile", but it does nothing. I think that I
> have to compile it first. But if I type gcc cdr_odbc.c it
> fails with hundreds of errors.
>
> Would you be so kind as to let me know how to compile this
> and make it work?
>
> Yours truly,
>
> Federico Alves

Are you sure "make Makefile" is the correct command? Try plain
"make" (without the quotes). That should compile cdr_odbc and then
say "make install". You must have odbc headers (Makefile checks for
odbcinst.h specifically) in either /usr/include
or /usr/local/include.

At least that's what the cdr/Makefile says for me, YMMV.

Greg