[Asterisk-Dev] Raising loop current limit on the Proslic (reg.71)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Mar 5 14:07:13 MST 2004

> The 20ma loop is sort of typical. It actually can range from a low of
> about 12 ma up to about 30+ ma depending upon how far away from the
> central office the user happens to be, the gauge of copper plant, the
> telco engineers, etc.

uh...  The whole *point* of current loops is that they are insensitive to
distance and have better noise immunity when compared to voltage
signalling.  And even 30AWG is capable of handling 20mA.  :-)

The only thing that would affect the loop in your list is the telco
engineers, I'm afraid...  That and craptastic sourcing equipment.

Regards,
Andrew