[Asterisk-Dev] Channel registry question

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Mar 4 14:44:59 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 15:14, Derek Bruce wrote:
> Stephen: I understand your point, and agree with it.
>
> The problem I see however, it that some people will install a client on a
> desktop computer and a laptop computer... They leave the desktop on all the
> time, and the client is registered to Asterisk... then they run the client
> on the laptop and it registers and works... then the desktop client
> reregisters and the client on the laptop is orphaned...

> Derek Bruce
> Calgary Telecom
> dbruce at calgarytelecom.com

>From looking at your sig, I see where we would view the problem
differently. I see the problem as each client needing it's own
credentials and from a PBX point of view, it isn't a big deal to
configure that. Taking a wild guess from your sig, you are looking at
the problem from a telco point of view that would be interested in
handing out a credentials to a user that is good for whatever the user
puts it on. From there, you may have a user installing those credentials
in multiple places and needing them to behave in a predictable manner.