[Asterisk-Dev] newbie question

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Mar 1 09:39:32 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 06:37, Deepakumar JV wrote:
> Hello
>
> For quiet some time now I have been using * and i am really impressed
> with its features. I would like to get involved in the development of
> *. I am looking for the basic development documents related to * so
> that i can quickly understand how it works and proceed developing
> other stuff.
>
> Could someone point me to the documents link for *?

First, don't expect to quickly understand asterisk. You would be setting
your self up for disappointment to do so.

Second, what kind of development are you asking about? If you are asking
about setup and use, go to the Wiki. Once you have fully figured that
side out, you would understand whether or not what you want to do falls
outside of normal user usage. At that point you will understand enough
also to just look at the source code.