[Asterisk-Dev] Re: sms sending and receiving

Stefan Tichy asterisk at pi4tel.de
Tue Jun 29 11:24:07 MST 2004

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 11:10:56PM +0200, Hans Mueller wrote:
> Hi Andeas,
>
> Andreas Bayer wrote:
> >I heard, that sms over isdn (compatible with protocol used by "Deutsche
> >Telekom" ) work.
> >
> IMHO there are two completely different SMS Protocoll: The first works on
> any analog line. This is a known ETSI standard and is supported by app_sms.
>
> The second one, which Swisscom Fixnet uses (i guess this is the same stuff
> as Deutsche Telekom), works ONLY on BRI. The Protocoll itself is very

app_sms is adequate to send and receive short messages if you are a
Deutsche Telekom customer. It is the same protocol BT uses (ETSI ES
201 912).

Send outgoing messages to 0193010. Incoming messages can be
identified by the callerId 01930100 if they are send by fixed line
or D1 phones.

Some information can be found here (German Language)
http://www.telekom.de/dtag/downloads/S/Schnitt_1TR140_V2.1.pdf

Sending messages is well documented at voip-info. For incoming messages
I had to use something like this:

Answer
Wait,2
SMS(default,a)